Start a new topic
Implemented

Additional security features, managed via GPO (encryption/lockdown)

Security-Option 1.1:
If a RoyalTS-document will be opened on a computer-object that is managed via GPO, a check is needed to ensure the encryption of the document.
If NOT – RoyalTS will force the encryption of the RoyalTS-document or deny opening the document.
If YES – RoyalTS will check the chosen password-strength.
If the password isn’t strong enough, the user has to choose a secure password that fulfills the following rules:
- at least 8 characters long
- contains at least one capital letter
- contains at least one small letter
- contains at least four non-letters
- doesn't contain four equal characters in a row

Allowed basic characters:
A-Z, a-z, 0-9

Allowed special characters:
!"#$%&'()*+,-./:;<=>?@[\]^_`{|}~

Security-Option 1.2:
If in the document, that fulfills the Security-Option 1.1 ,credential sets are stored or will be saved, the document should get a lockdown with the option “Do not allow to reveal passwords in this document“.

We’re looking forward to see further more RoyalTS options are manageable via GPO.

1 person likes this idea

hi, i want RTS in my company. but I have to fill risk assessment and this things are missing ;( please add for bigger companies ;) Thank you

Hi,

the latest beta release has a couple of new GPOs which should cover almost all the above requirements:

https://support.royalapplications.com/support/solutions/articles/17000019691-royal-ts-v4-beta-version

Regards,
Stefan

1 person likes this

Perfect. Security guy asked me if RTS has logging of actions in app. I found it but it should be set over GPO as well.

I dont know how it generally works. Can you send me link how to set it? 

Thank you

Hi Filip,

Royal TS ships with the ADMX file. You can find more information (including the logging options) here:

https://content.royalapplications.com/Help/RoyalTS/V4/index.html?reference_policies.htm

thank you

Login or Signup to post a comment