Start a new topic
Answered

X11 forwarding

trying to get x11 forwarding working between my mac (sierra) and centos 7 and royal tsx.  I have the sshd x11forwaring set to yes, I have x11 forwarding enabled... I have xquartz installed on the mac and I ran the export DISPLAY=:0 in the ssh session.  doesn't seem to work.  

Anyone ever try this?

Best Answer

Hi,

I just tested this here using a Ubuntu 14.04 VM and it worked perfectly. The only thing required to do in Royal TSX is to "Enable X11 Forwarding" in the "Advanced - SSH" settings of your terminal connection.

When you launch the connection, is XQuartz also started automatically?

cheers,

felix

Answer

Hi,

I just tested this here using a Ubuntu 14.04 VM and it worked perfectly. The only thing required to do in Royal TSX is to "Enable X11 Forwarding" in the "Advanced - SSH" settings of your terminal connection.

When you launch the connection, is XQuartz also started automatically?

cheers,

felix

1 person likes this

nevermind... i got it working.  just enabling the x11 forwarding is all you really need to do on the royal tsx side.  there are other things that need to be done on both local and remote systems...

local system (via terminal):

install xquatz - (i use homebrew) brew cask install xquartz

start xquartz - open -a xquartz

remote host (in my case centos 7):

/etc/ssh/sshd_confg
X11Forwarding yes

X11DisplayOffset 10

X11UseLocalhost yes

export DISPLAY=localhost:11.0

install xauth

thanks for the response felix.  xquartz was part of the equation for sure.

Glad you got it working!

There's a GUI installer for XQuartz available here: https://www.xquartz.org/

I had exactly the same problem, but even with the modifications mentioned above it didn't work.  The key for me getting it working was also adding "XAuthLocation /usr/X11/bin/xauth" to /etc/ssh/ssh_config, as described in one of the answers here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/39622173/cant-run-ssh-x-on-macos-sierra

Login or Signup to post a comment