Start a new topic

[TERMINAL] - Remove Server Object Type

We utilize an SSH "jump server" which is kind of like the gateway object you currently have implemented. Unfortunately the gateway object requires shell access to function. SSH supports remote command connections which do not require shell access making them more secure. The custom properties in Rebex and SSH support this type of connection but then the $URI$, credentials, and more get very confusing and hard to use in conjunction with key sequences and templates. Would it be possible to create a new object similar to the gateway but specifically utilizing the remote command feature? You could then select your rebex/putty connection to utilize this "jump host" or not. Example.

Traditional Connection

Computer Name = target_server_uri

Port = target_server_port

Credentials = target_server_credentials

"Jump Server" Remote Command Style connection

Computer Name = jump_server_uri

Port = jump_server_port

Credentials = jump_server_credentials

SSH Remote Command = target_server_username@target_server_uri

So, in this situation, if I connect through my jump-host, my URI and credentials are to the jump host, but I effectively get connected to the target_server. So when using key sequences or templates, I'd want the URI to be of the target_server, not the jump_server. Here is an example of what I envision.

"Jump Server" gateway style connection

Computer Name = jump_server_uri

Port = jump_server_port

Credentials = jump_server_credentials

SSH Connection utilizing the Jump Server

Computer Name = target_server_uri

Port = target_server_port

Credentials = target_server_credentials

"Jump Server" Connection Settings

Use "Jump Server" from the parent folder - Checked/Unchecked

Jump Server Usage - Never/Always

Jump Server - Direct Connect (No Jump Server)/Selectable Jump Server

Has this ever been reviewed? If I need to provide more information I can. This would be a very helpful feature to us! Thanks

There is a typo in my title! Should be, "[TERMINAL] - Remote Server Object Type"
Login or Signup to post a comment