Start a new topic
Answered

CTL-ALT-DEL for Royal TS

Hi,

How can I send a ctl-alt-del to an active RDP session within the Navigation view? I didn't see a menu item and VMware got ctl-alt-insert...

Thanks!

Best Answer

Hi James,

unfortunately the button in the Actions tab does not always work reliably. The APIs we are using behave differently on certain systems and also depending on the Windows Key Passthrough setting of your connection.

If it doesn't work in your scenario, you need to use the CTRL + ALT + END combination.

Regards,
Stefan

Hi,

Hi, the navigation tree, does not include this functionality. I'm afraid the only way to do this is using the Actions ribbon tab. You can right-click on that button on the Actions tab and put it in the QAT.

I'm also not sure what you mean by "VMware got ctl-alt-insert". The navigation tree in Royal TS also does not have this but maybe I misunderstood.

Regards,
Stefan

This functionality doesn't seem to work for Win2012R2 in version 4.2.61320.10000, it only sends a '.'

Hi James, depending on the Windows Key Passthrough settings you may need to press CTRL-ALT-END in the remote session.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Stefan

Thanks for the reminder!  And that works great.  But that still doesn't help the functionality through the 'Actions' tab ,"Send Ctrl+Alt+Del", which doesn't seem to work, it sends a '.' (period).  Is that an additional setting in the options than?

Answer

Hi James,

unfortunately the button in the Actions tab does not always work reliably. The APIs we are using behave differently on certain systems and also depending on the Windows Key Passthrough setting of your connection.

If it doesn't work in your scenario, you need to use the CTRL + ALT + END combination.

Regards,
Stefan

Login or Signup to post a comment