Start a new topic
Implemented

Nested Secure Gateways

Sometimes you have to hop through multiple devices to get on the end device you want to use. It would be nice to be able to make secure gateways dependent on each other just like you can do with SSH.

So to get on device C I first need to log in to device A, then device B and finally I get to C. If I could just say: Device C depends on secure gateway B and secure gateway B depends on secure gateway A then I could click on device C and RoyalTSX will tunnel through both A and B to C.

Sander

10 people like this idea

Hi Tomas,

perfect, thx for letting us know!

Regarding the issue you're having: The "Test" button currently only does a simple port-check on the target host. You're in that it doesn't evaluate if a chain of tunnels is valid. If you'd like to see this extended to a more thorough testing technique, please file a new feature request.

thx,

felix

For me it's working great too, so it's very helpful now :) Only small issue is when I try to test newly created nested gateway, because I'm getting error message that configured gateway is not available. But when I use this gateway, everything works fine. :)

Awesome! Thx for the kind feedback, Victor!

cheers,

Felix

That's amazing! I've just tried the new feature in TSX and works perfectly. You really made my life easier folks (no more complicated nested ProxyJump directives in SSH config files)

Thanks!

VĂ­ctor

Hi Tomas,

if you open the properties of a Secure Gateway object, you will find a new section called "Dependent Gateway".

Here's a blog post that describes the feature in more detail: https://www.royalapps.com/blog/dependent-gateways

While it was written with the Windows version in mind, the same concepts apply for Royal TSX.

Hope that helps!

cheers,

Felix

Thank you, so I have new beta V5 installed, but can't found this new feature. Can you help me where to find it?

Tomas, no, plugins are always bound to a specific Royal TSX version. So if you downgrade, you will simply have to re-install all your plugins. Cheers, Felix

OK, but will after updating this plugins my older 4.3.6 version working without issues? I want to stay with stable release until v5 will be in final stage.

Hi Tomas,

that looks like some of your plugins are not up to date.

Please ensure that all available plugin updates are installed.

thx,

felix

Hi Felix,

thank you for information. I tryed this version, but it's maybe in early beta stage because I'm still ending with errors when I try change some properties on SSH servers.

Hi Tomas,

a new Royal TSX V5 beta which has this feature on board has just been released.

You can get the beta here: https://www.royalapps.com/ts/mac/features-beta

Please let us know if it works as expected for you.

thx,

felix

Hello,

that's great news Stefan! I'm on ARM MacOS, so i must wait for Royal TSX :) Have a nice day.

Hi,

we just released a Royal TS V6 for Windows beta release where you can test this feature (Royal TSX will soon follow):

https://www.royalapps.com/blog/dependent-gateways

Regards,
Stefan

1 person likes this

Hello

any news for the feature? or maybe a workaround?

i have many cascaded devices/jumphosts in the network.

I'd really like to see this feature - some of my colleagues asked for it ;-)

Login or Signup to post a comment