Start a new topic
Answered

TLS Protocols supported

Just curious which tls protocols are supported.  With the new push of PCI Compliance a bunch of our servers have turned of tls1.0 and this seems to be breaking some of the connections I make with RoyalTS Ftp.  Does this app support 1.1 and 1.2?  Is there a setting that needs to be enabled?

Best Answer

Ok .. upon further playing .. there is an option that is unchecked by detault in advanced settings called "Passive Mode"  that when I checked it, I can all of a sudden connect and ftp :)   Not sure what that setting does but it worked!

Actually I can't connect to a windows ftp server that communicates on tls1.0 1.1 or 1.2  

Cuteftp and Wsftp I could connect to the same site with tls1.0

Hi Jason,

we are using a 3rd party component (http://www.rebex.net/ftp-ssl.net/default.aspx) which support TLS 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2. I've also checked our code and ensured that the allowed TLS protocols are set correctly.

To further troubleshoot the issue:

* check the log (via the View ribbon tab) after the connection cannot be established to find out if there's some error logged

* you can download the 3rd party vendor samples which includes an FTP client and try if you can repro the issue there. There's also a verbose log available.

* alternatively, you can provide access for us to one of your test servers so that we can try to repro the issue. We can then work with the vendor on a solution. In this case, please contact us by opening a ticket.

Let me know your findings

Regards,
Stefan

Answer

Ok .. upon further playing .. there is an option that is unchecked by detault in advanced settings called "Passive Mode"  that when I checked it, I can all of a sudden connect and ftp :)   Not sure what that setting does but it worked!

Glad to hear the issue has been resolved.
Login or Signup to post a comment