Start a new topic
Answered

AutoFill/Login Google Drive?

I have added Amazon Cloud Drive to RoyalTSX and have it autofilling the username and password fields. I simply click login and everything works as expected.

However, Google complicates this by asking for your username on one page and your password on the next. Is there something I can do in RoyalTSX to handle this? Most of my storage (unRAID, FreeNAS, Amazon Cloud Drive, Google Drive, Synology, etc) are web-based and I'm trying to make them all available in RoyalTSX.

Thanks for any tips you may have.

Best Answer

Hi Brian,

unfortunately, Google's new two-page sign in mechanism is a real challenge to autofill. Even LastPass and 1Password are struggling with this...

The best I could come up with at the moment was a key sequence task that would simulate the key presses required to sign in.

Here's how I set this key sequence task up: {WAIT:500}$EffectiveUsername${ENTER}{WAIT:2000}$EffectivePassword${ENTER}

While this works, the downside is that the tab must remain focused until the task is complete and there's a delay after the first step to wait for the password page which could theoretically take longer than 2 seconds to display. So if you use this key sequence task, make sure to adjust the delay so it works in your environment.

Hope that helps!

cheers,

felix

Answer

Hi Brian,

unfortunately, Google's new two-page sign in mechanism is a real challenge to autofill. Even LastPass and 1Password are struggling with this...

The best I could come up with at the moment was a key sequence task that would simulate the key presses required to sign in.

Here's how I set this key sequence task up: {WAIT:500}$EffectiveUsername${ENTER}{WAIT:2000}$EffectivePassword${ENTER}

While this works, the downside is that the tab must remain focused until the task is complete and there's a delay after the first step to wait for the password page which could theoretically take longer than 2 seconds to display. So if you use this key sequence task, make sure to adjust the delay so it works in your environment.

Hope that helps!

cheers,

felix

This workaround is perfect. Thanks for the tip!

Glad I could help! =)

Login or Signup to post a comment