Start a new topic
Answered

Royal TSX - Costum Keyboard Layout

Hi everyone,

I would like to set my Macbook Pro keyboard layout to my RDP session on Royal TSX.

My keyboard is "Canadien Français - CSA" on macOS X or "Canadian Multilingual Standard" on Windows.

What is the value to be set on the "Costum Keyboard Layout" option on the Royal TSX?

Regards,

Best Answer

Hi Jean-Philippe,

you can force a specific keyboard layout on your remote Windows machine by going into the "Input" settings of your RDP connection and selecting your preferred layout.

Note that this requires a full logoff on the remote machine before it takes any effect.

Also note that there doesn't appear to be a way to force a specific keyboard layout variant with the RDP protocol. So while I can specify French (Canada) as my preferred layout, I can't specify that I want it to be the "Multilingual Standard" variant. However, you can always change your keyboard layout inside the remote session once connected.

best regards,

felix

1 Comment

Answer

Hi Jean-Philippe,

you can force a specific keyboard layout on your remote Windows machine by going into the "Input" settings of your RDP connection and selecting your preferred layout.

Note that this requires a full logoff on the remote machine before it takes any effect.

Also note that there doesn't appear to be a way to force a specific keyboard layout variant with the RDP protocol. So while I can specify French (Canada) as my preferred layout, I can't specify that I want it to be the "Multilingual Standard" variant. However, you can always change your keyboard layout inside the remote session once connected.

best regards,

felix

Login or Signup to post a comment