Start a new topic
Implemented

Coloring of syntax in SSH sessions

Dear,

it would be very helpfull if you could make it so that certain words in SSH session get a color.

It would also be nice if you could choose those words and colors freely or use a template such as 'Cisco network devices' or 'Linux distributions'.

Your competitors such as MobaXterm and Devolutions already have this possibility.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

5 people like this idea

Thanks for the clarification. As reflected on the status here, this is planned and will hopefully make it into the next major release.

Regards,
Stefan

@James Julier : The best solution is to use the overrides. This will apply to all connexions. 

@Branko Zavrl : i'm looking for the same thing

Is there any vague idea as to when I can expect this feature to become available?

What happens that text Highlighting is so slow? A few milliseconds pass before it is applied to the screen. Is there any way to improve this speed?

Hi,

the delay for the text highlighting is a known issue and there's not much we can do. I'm sorry. The issue is, that we are using a third party control (from Rebex.net) which doesn't have this feature baked into the product. So we need to "scrape" the screen once the updates are done and do the highlighting manually ourselves.

You can tweak the delay in the plugin settings but choosing a timespan too short, may result in undesirable behavior:

Any news?

how do I create Regular Expressions in order make case insensitive syntax coloring?

Any news?

Implementation is already done but we still haven't released a beta version yet. Unfortunately there are still other things we have to do before we can release our first beta version for Royal TS V5.

Regards,
Stefan

The 'i' flag in regex matches all cases.

For instance;

(?i)down

Matches DOWN, Down and down (or DoWn if your devices are weird...)

Here are the ones I have setup currently that work for me:

# Matches IP addresses

\b(25[0-5]|2[0-4][0-9]|[01]?[0-9][0-9]?)\.(25[0-5]|2[0-4][0-9]|[01]?[0-9][0-9]?)\.(25[0-5]|2[0-4][0-9]|[01]?[0-9][0-9]?)\.(25[0-5]|2[0-4][0-9]|[01]?[0-9][0-9]?)\b

#55FFFF

# Matches any case of the word 'down'

(?i)down

#FFFF55

# Matches any case of a word that starts with vlan. (vlan, VLANS, etc.)

(?i)vlan(\w+)|vlan

#5555FF

# Matches any case of a word that starts with fail. (fail, Failure, etc.)

(?i)fail(\w+)|fail

#FF5555

# Matches any case of a word that starts with warn. (warn, WARNING, etc.)

(?i)warn(\w+)|warn

#FFC000

Will I be alerted when this beta version will become available? 

If you are watching this topic, you should get a notification once we have something to test.

Regards,
Stefan

Thank you, Adam.

I tried all of the syntaxes in:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/9655164/regex-ignore-case-sensitivity
I also tried to use regexr.com for creating the syntaxes but none of them worked.
Also, is there a better way of doing:
(?i)err(\w+)|err|(?i)disable(\w+)|disable|(?i)fail(\w+)|fail
Login or Signup to post a comment