Start a new topic
Implemented

Coloring of syntax in SSH sessions

Dear,

it would be very helpfull if you could make it so that certain words in SSH session get a color.

It would also be nice if you could choose those words and colors freely or use a template such as 'Cisco network devices' or 'Linux distributions'.

Your competitors such as MobaXterm and Devolutions already have this possibility.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

5 people like this idea

Hi,

the delay for the text highlighting is a known issue and there's not much we can do. I'm sorry. The issue is, that we are using a third party control (from Rebex.net) which doesn't have this feature baked into the product. So we need to "scrape" the screen once the updates are done and do the highlighting manually ourselves.

You can tweak the delay in the plugin settings but choosing a timespan too short, may result in undesirable behavior:

What happens that text Highlighting is so slow? A few milliseconds pass before it is applied to the screen. Is there any way to improve this speed?

@James Julier : The best solution is to use the overrides. This will apply to all connexions. 

@Branko Zavrl : i'm looking for the same thing

one more thing: I expect you can change the default setting for your connection so all new connections will have your requirements. hope this help

Hi James, try to use sikulix.com It can automate any clicking ;-) Filip

Hi James,

check out the bulk-edit KB here:

https://support.royalapps.com/support/solutions/articles/17000027858-bulk-edit-and-the-folder-dashboard-win-

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Stefan

I regularly import a new site with 40+ telnet or SSH sessions via a spreadsheet, is there a simple way to apply syntax highlighting on all these new connections?  At present it looks like I have to go add the regex, then select the colours. Can be done in Bulk edit, but its still laborious. 

Since I came to RoyalTS from using Mobaxterm, I was spoiled by its syntax highlighting of words that were built-in. Does anyone have a similar regex and is willing to share, to apply this to RoyalTS?

1 person likes this

try add \b before word: \b(?i)disable(\w*)|\bfail(\w*)|\berr(\w*)

you are looking for:

hope this help ;)

Filip

"It will catch "err", "error" but will also catch "overruns" because it has "err" in it. So it will catch anything with "err" anywhere in the word."

As |^err(\w*) is not working - you can add space before err and then it will not highlight overruns ie.

(?i)disable(\w*)|fail(\w*)| err(\w*)

I'm happy to report that Royal TS 5.0 has been released and includes this feature.

For more information about the major new features of Royal TS 5.0, please head over to our https://www.royalapplications.com/ts/win/features-upgrade

Could be? I'm using 5.0.11009 and it is working for me. Is there a specific word that isn't working?

This isn't working in my RTS:

(¨( *)?no | down |[^A-Za-z0-9](disabl(\w*)|fault|shutdown|disconnected|err(\w*)|ERR(\w*)|fail(\w*)|denied|not permitted|disallowed|not allowed|refused|problem|not permitted|notconnect)[^A-Za-z0-9])

I'm not using the latest version though, could that be an issue?

that's great Adam!

Thank you very much, it's been a long time since I learned and used RegEx.

Alright, I got a new one...it's more complected but also includes more options.  I grabbed the major sytax from another vendor, but it seems to work with RTS:

(¨( *)?no | down |[^A-Za-z0-9](disabl(\w*)|fault|shutdown|disconnected|err(\w*)|ERR(\w*)|fail(\w*)|denied|not permitted|disallowed|not allowed|refused|problem|not permitted|notconnect)[^A-Za-z0-9])

You can take out or add anything between the first set of parentheses after the "[^A-Za-z0-9]".

The first "| down |" only matches the string "down" with a space before and after. You can exclude that entirely if you want.

Login or Signup to post a comment