Start a new topic
Solved

continuous RDP connection losts after High Sierra

Hello,

i've installed macOS 10.13 and Royal TSX 3.2.1

Since the macOS Update i'Ve got continuous RDP connection losts during the work.

It is not possible to get the source of the problem.

It happens in connections to Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2 and Windows 10.

The only thing is, that it happens only during some work, not in idle times and often when a .Net Application is involved.

I can reconnect after the disconnect but it is kind of annoying when it happens ten times in a row. :-)

The plugins are up-to-date.

I don't know if it is important, but i work on a multimonitor desktop.

Is there a beta update available or any other way to track the problem?

Regards,

Alex

Hi Alex,

I unfortunately cannot reproduce this here. I ran several long-term tests with YouTube videos and occasional manual input running on multiple hosts but none of the connections dropped within an hour of testing. While testing I also worked with Royal TS (for Windows) which is a .NET application but connections were stable nonetheless.

Could you please download the following FreeRDP test application and check if you can reproduce the issue you're having when using this instead of Royal TSX?

https://royaltsx-v3.royalapplications.com/resources/temp/LMFreeRDPClient_20.10.17.zip

Also, is there any error message reported when the connection drops?

thx,

felix

Hi Felix,

i've worked for about 2 hours with the FreeRDP App and no disconnect so far.

Even the .NET Application is working well.

I'll try further steps to reproduce a disconnect.

The only this i've noticed is, that it is a lot slower with the app than through RoyalTSX.

I've tried to set the same settings except the resolution.

Regards,

Alex

Hi Alex,

the drop in performance is expected since the test app is using way less optimized drawing routines than Royal TSX. It is after all just for testing and debugging issues like your connection drops and not for daily use.

Have you tried switching back to Royal TSX already and if so did you experience the connection drops again?

thx,

felix

Hi Felix,

sorry for the delay, i was on vacation for one week.

Today, i've tested Royal TSX and the connection drops appear again.

Everything went fine with the test app.

Regards,

Alex

Hi Alex,

would you mind opening a new support ticket so that we can share some advanced debugging techniques with you?

thx,

felix

done, thanks

I have the exact same issue. Something I can RDP for hours and no problems at all. And sometimes (mostly when I'm more busy the RDP session dropped)

@Alexander, any news on your support ticket?

Hi,

i've installed the latest beta of Royal TSX and updated to macOS 10.13.1 and the disconnect problem is not changed.

Just send the debug log to the support.

Maybe they can see anything.

I'll keep you informed.

Regards,

Alex

1 person likes this

@Frank: We're actively investigating the problem. Unfortunately we haven't yet been able to reproduce it locally.

What might help us is if you could also create a debug log file and send that in a new support ticket. When reproducing the problem, it is crucial to only use a single session because when you're running multiple sessions at once it becomes very hard for us to differentiate which connection was causing which log entry.

many thx,

felix

Hi everyone,

here's a quick update regarding this issue.

First, the good news:

We're pretty confident that we have tracked down the source of the problem and fixed it.

The not so bad news:

Since the fix requires changes in critical parts of the application, we need some more time for testing before we can roll this out to you guys. If testing goes well, we should have updates out by early next week.

cheers,

felix

Hi again,

Royal TSX 3.2.2, which includes a fix for this issue is out now!

I'd like to thank everyone who reported this issue and ultimately helped us find the source of the problem!

If you installed one of our pre-beta builds, here's the correct procedure to "downgrade" back to the stable release:

• Quit Royal TSX if it's running
  • Delete (or back up) the following directory: ~/Library/Application Support/Royal TSX/Plugins/Installed (In Finder click "Go - Go to Folder..." and paste the path)
  • Download Royal TSX 3.2.2 from https://www.royalapplications.com/ts/mac/download
  • Install Royal TSX
  • Launch Royal TSX
  • Go to "Royal TSX - Plugins... - Available Plugins" and re-install any plugins you need

Thx again for helping us get this resolved!

cheers,

felix

2 people like this
Login or Signup to post a comment