Start a new topic
Answered

Multiple Monitors on Windows (RDP)

Hello folks,

I apologize but i have not been able to find an answer in the knowledge base nor by searching the forum.

My platform - Win10

1) I have 3 monitors, i would like to RDP into another Win10 system using all 3 monitors. Even though my session has the check to use multiple monitors, RDP session shows up only on one. 

2) If i do get past #1 , is there a way to control how many monitors are used by RDP in full screen, say i only want to use 2 out of 3 ?

Thank you

Best Answer

Hi,

to make this work, you need to go to "Window Mode" and select "Full Screen". There you can also check the option to use multiple monitors:

https://content.royalapplications.com/Help/RoyalTS/V4/index.html?reference_remotedesktop_windowmode.htm

As with mstsc.exe, you can only use all available screens and not choose a lower number of screens.

Regards,
Stefan

Answer

Hi,

to make this work, you need to go to "Window Mode" and select "Full Screen". There you can also check the option to use multiple monitors:

https://content.royalapplications.com/Help/RoyalTS/V4/index.html?reference_remotedesktop_windowmode.htm

As with mstsc.exe, you can only use all available screens and not choose a lower number of screens.

Regards,
Stefan

Stefan,

When i look at session properties,  Open Connection in is set to "External Window (Full Screen)".  I have also put a check mark next to "Use multiple monitors".  External Window Settings is set to "Screen 1"  and i have also tried "Remember Screen".

With these settings RDP session still opens on a single monitor.  Another data point if it make any difference is that two of my monitors are 4k monitors, 3rd monitor is a regular 1080p monitor.

Thank you

Can you open a support ticket and send us more information (OS version of client and server, Royal TS version, etc.)?

Thank you,
Stefan

Hello, is it possible to open RDP multiple monitors in a windowed option (ie 2 windows--one for each RDP monitor)?

I would like to be able to do this so i can have multiple RDP monitors (even diff sizes would be cool) and not have to run full screen and hijack my laptop.

If it's not possible? Why? Is it a limitation of the ActiveX or just a feature of RoyalTS that needs to be added? 

Thank you! Love your product. Long time user and cant say enough good things about it. Thank you for your work. 

Hi David,

unfortunately the RDP ActiveX control works differently. It cannot host individual monitors in individual controls/windows.

I'm sorry I have no better news for you.

Regards,

Stefan

Thank you Stefan. I had a feeling that might be the case. 

Thank you for the quick reply. Thank you for your hard work on this product. I use it every day, all day and love it!

Thanks for the kind words, David. It's always nice to hear that our product makes your job easier!

Login or Signup to post a comment