Start a new topic
Answered

User same credential info for several webpages

Hi guys.

I'm new with RoyaTS and I want to know if is possible to create a credential to be used in different webpages.

Real scenario:

I work with several web WAS consoles everyday. That consoles are exact the same but with different URL. The password for that username expires every month. So isn't an option store one credential for every URL because I should change the password for more than 30 URL every month. Same situation if I use the Auto Fill option in every web connection.

So, there is a way to create a credential with wildcard URL and fill only the "UserID:" and "Password:" field?

The WAS consoles are the same version and same frontend GUI, so I need complete the same fields in more than 30 differents URL.

Thanks!

Best Answer

Hi Emiliano,

for this scenario I suggest you create 30 web page connections which all refer to the same credential. You can also setup the auto fill in the credential. As soon as you assign the credential to the web page connection, it will also inherit the auto fill configuration.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Stefan

Answer

Hi Emiliano,

for this scenario I suggest you create 30 web page connections which all refer to the same credential. You can also setup the auto fill in the credential. As soon as you assign the credential to the web page connection, it will also inherit the auto fill configuration.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Stefan

1 person likes this

Hi Stefan.

Of course!!!!!!

It's so simple! Works flawessly!!!!

The "Auto Fill" option only returns the fields without checking the URL.

If any URL had the same fields, the credential will autocomplete them.

I love this.

Thanks a lot Stefan!!

You're welcome! Glad I could help...

Login or Signup to post a comment