Start a new topic
Answered

Navigate to Computer Name

Is there a way I can setup Royal TS v4 to open a connections computer name in windows explorer? I have a LOT of servers setup in my file, and it would be awesome if I could setup maybe an 'Command Tasks' and have Windows Explorer try to navigate to the Computer Name setup in each connection. Thanks!

Best Answer

I'm not sure why my approach is not working for you. It's opening an explorer instance and navigates to the \\$URI$\c$

Are you running the latest version of Royal TS?

In any case, I found this page which describes a couple of command line options available in explorer.exe:

http://www.geoffchappell.com/studies/windows/shell/explorer/cmdline.htm

Note, that you need to put those arguments in the "Arguments" field. Make sure that the Command field only has the command (without the arguments or "\\$URI$\c$" - this should be in the Arguments field).

Regards,
Stefan

Hi,

I just created a simple command task with "\\$URI$\c$" (without the quotes) and marked it as a favorite task:

I can then select a remote desktop connection, for example, and navigate to the C drive of that computer/server.

Does this help?

Regards,
Stefan

Hello Stefen, when I tried that exact thing, its only doing it via command line. I tried instead the following and it opens up windows explorer, but its not pulling the URI path. Any ideas? 

Answer

I'm not sure why my approach is not working for you. It's opening an explorer instance and navigates to the \\$URI$\c$

Are you running the latest version of Royal TS?

In any case, I found this page which describes a couple of command line options available in explorer.exe:

http://www.geoffchappell.com/studies/windows/shell/explorer/cmdline.htm

Note, that you need to put those arguments in the "Arguments" field. Make sure that the Command field only has the command (without the arguments or "\\$URI$\c$" - this should be in the Arguments field).

Regards,
Stefan

Login or Signup to post a comment