Start a new topic

Hierarchical Organisation of Connection Tabs in Dashboard View

I miss group Tabs in MRemote. You could have a group tab on display with the individual connection tabs nested under it in the "Dashboard" panel. So when you had multiple connections open belonging to different "groups" you could instantly see the different groups/folders they belonged to. 

It was a bit limited in MRemote in that the group tab name was a single field separate from the folder structure and therefore you had to enter text in each connection profile. With the more advanced group hierarchy and tagging of RoyalTS this could be taken further, imagine being able to chose the level or levels of group tabs from the Navigation Panel that you want the organisation of the tabs under the Dashboard view.

This is very useful because often these days server hostnames are not descriptive for security reasons, so you can lose track of multiple open connections and hovering the mouse over the connection tab to see details just wastes time.

Often you want to work on Production and Pre-Production sessions at the same time and you want to keep them visually clear. Imagine an overall red coloured "Production" and a blue coloured "pre production" group tab (taking the colouring from the Navigation panel) on the dashboard display which would clearly segregate multiple connection tabs at a high level. Where as currently Red "Production" connection tabs will be intermingled with "blue" pre-production ones.

1 person likes this idea

Hi,

unfortunately the UI framework we are using in Royal TS doesn't allow us to create tab groups like in mRemote. The tab coloring feature should help you to distinguish between production and test machines and you can also drag tabs to an external host window and organize/group them there but nested tabs are not possible at the moment. Sorry.

Regards,
Stefan

Hi

Is this still the case of no tab grouping?

Thanks

Sho

1 person likes this

Yes, unfortunately.

I'm a mremote long time user at work.

I'm testing royaltsx this week while working from home. Great product with a ton of features, so many that sometimes they are hard to find (the covid-19 license made the difference here). I'm absolutely in.

But this is 'the thing' that I miss the most.

The first features that I looked for were tab grouping and properties inheritance. Not having tab grouping almost made me uninstall royaltsx.

3 people like this

So weird to read "UI framework we are using in Royal TS doesn't allow us to create tab groups like in mRemote" with such structured hierarhy inside all object and properties. It real frustrate when using a lot of servers.

I'm all in for tab groups. 
I have recently switched from mRemoteNG to RoyalTSX. 
The most missed feature is indeed the tab groups. 
They are really helpful when working with many parallel connections. 

Is there any chance to integrate something like tab groups?

The color feature is nice and helps, but it's not the level of organization I would like to achieve. 

Login or Signup to post a comment