Start a new topic
Implemented

Make tab titles configurable

I've seen multiple requests over the years come through asking to allow tab titles to be changed. Every time this is requested I see the response that you don't want tab title lengths to get out of hand. Why can't they just be configured using the integrated replacement tokens? Example.

Default install of RoyalTS

File -> Options -> User Interface -> Tabs

Custom Tab Name = $Name$

This Tab Title could be editable using replacement tokens. Then anyone could configure their tabs however they want. For example, I'd prefer something like this based on how our connections are configured

Custom Tab Name = $CustomField2$ - $Name$

I attached a mock-up

Tab Names.png
(33.8 KB)

1 person likes this idea

Hi Ryan,

I really like this approach and it seems to be quite easy to implement. Will put this on the V5 list.

Thanks for the feedback!

Regards,
Stefan

2 people like this

Thanks Stefan!

@Stefan - I couldn't find it anywhere. Have you managed to implement this or similar solution?

Hi Jakub,

I'm sorry, this feature didn't make it into V5 but it's still on our todo list for V6.

Regards,

Stefan

1 person likes this

Hi Stefan,

we are currently switching over from Remote Desktop Manger and I'm looking to get the folder / path name of the entry into the tab titles to identifiy the opened session. We have a folder structure like this:

Customer A\Server1

Customer A\Server2

Customer B\Server1 and so on

I know that it should be possible via Description and Custom Fields, but then we have to edit all the entries imported from RDM...

Regards,

Jens

Hi Jens,

this is currently not available. I'm also not sure if having the whole path in the tab caption is wise as this can potentially be a very long string. The parent folder name, could be implemented using a "special" token. May I kindly ask you to open a separate idea/feature request for that so that we can better track that?

Thanks,
Stefan

Login or Signup to post a comment