Start a new topic
Implemented

Special replacement token $Clip$ to insert current clipboard

I am needing to pull info from my clipboard in my command tasks and key sequence. 

I feel like there is a way i'm just overlooking it. 

Example:

Show  {Paste here} blah blah blah [Enter]

1 person likes this idea

Hi Kenneth,

this feature is currently not available but I put it on our feature list.

Regards,
Stefan

hi Stefan, I still did not find it in tokens. Will be this features in RTS? Thank you Filip 

Hello,

i tried {HOLD:CTRL}v{RELEASE:CTRL}{WAIT:500}{ENTER} but it is not working for login purpose because it is not allow to enter clipboard into password filed. It can be done via "Type Clipboard" so it will be really nice to have this ({CLIPBOARD} variable) in key sequence. Thank you

Hi!

the next major version will have a $Clipboard$ replacement token.

Regards,
Stefan

1 person likes this

hi Stefan, it is great news. Any eta for beta? ;o) Thank you

I can't tell but it's soon. I'm waiting for a couple of bugs to be fixed on .net 7 and devexpress and as soon as they are resolved or a workaround can be found, I will post a beta build. Should be days or worst case a week or two.

1 person likes this

Hi!

you can test this feature in the latest Royal TS V7 beta:
https://www.royalapps.com/ts/win/features-beta

Regards,
Stefan

1 person likes this

hi Stefan, I did not find it anywhere. Please can you be more specific. I would expect in "special tokens" but I did not find in any other "Insert" menu. Thank you Filip

Hi Filip,

I'm sorry for the confusion. It seems that the released beta has an issue where the menu item is not always added. Your guess with "Special Tokens" was correct but there are situations where it doesn't appear. However, you can use the $Clipboard$ token regardless. Please let me know if this is working for you.

Regards,
Stefan

hi Stefan, it is working nicely. Thank you

basic use: $Clipboard${WAIT:500}{ENTER}

Thanks for letting me know. Glad it's working correctly.

cheers,
Stefan

Login or Signup to post a comment