Start a new topic
Solved

prompt for credentials no longer happening

i recently updated, and prior to that, every time i connected to any of the servers i access, i was asked for my credentials.  now, it tries to automatically connect, and when i try to change the settings to prompt for credentials, it does not save this setting and instead goes back to automatically connect.

how do i get it to save the prompt for credentials setting?

Hi Lisa,

the settings in "Connect with Options" are not permanent but instead meant to quickly overwrite some of your pre-configured settings.

To make sure you're always asked for credentials, open the properties of your RDP connection, navigate to the "Credentials" section and set the credential mode to "Do not use any credentials".

Hope that helps!

cheers,

felix

it's already set like that, and it was set like that before the update and working... but now when i open it, it fails unless i specifically make it ask me for credentials

lisa

Hi Lisa,

could you please record a short video that shows:

1. How your RDP connection is configured (specifically the "Credentials" and "Advanced" sections)
  2. What exactly happens when you try to open the connection
  3. What happens when you use "Connect with Options - Prompt for Credentials" instead

thx,

felix

when i try to open the connections without specifically using connect w/ options, it just fails.  

i just added each specific credential to each server and now i can get in... although not ideal b/c i really need it to prompt me, but at least it is a work around for now

Hi Lisa,

there are many different ways that it can "just fail" that's why I asked for the video.

There's also another setting I'm interested in so could you please get us that video? You can use QuickTime to record your screen which comes for free with every Mac.

thx,

felix

i just get a popup that the connection failed.  i'm not sure what a video is going to show you, but you've helped me w/ a workaround, so thank you for that.

Login or Signup to post a comment