Start a new topic
Implemented

More detailed window titles

Hi

I'm using a time tracker app („Timing“, https://timingapp.com). This uses the window title to specify the use of an program. In Royal TSX that is not very exact. Only the name of the opened document is shown. It would be helpful if there also the name of the active tab is in the window title.

Regards

Nicola

Hi - you've added in Royal 4beta the possibility, that iTerm is changing the TAB Titel. Thats fine the first step I think, but for all Time and App tracker programs like "timing", "timings", "qbserve" and so on, it is necessary that the tab titel is represented as the window titel as iTerm is doing it.

Regards

Nicola

Hi Nicola,

we'll look into this and I'm confident that this feature will end up in one of the next few beta releases.

cheers,

felix

1 person likes this

Hi,

Is there an update on this? I just started to use Timing as a IT provider and the lack of integration/window titles makes it almost usless to track time per customer

The developer of timing also suggested you could add specific support into Royal TSX to support the integration if windows titles are not a possibility

For apps like this, Timing can track only the window title. Therefore, it would be easiest if you could ask the developers of the other app to put more meaningful information into the window title. They could also reach out to me; I can provide them with specific guidance on how to very easily provide even more detailed information to Timing via a special AppleScript event handler.

Best Regards,
Daniel Alm

Hi Andrew,

there's no news on this front, I'm afraid.

While it might seem trivial to implement this, please consider that in Royal TSX you can:

• have multiple windows with connections open
  • have connection in full screen spaces
  • (in V4) have multiple connections in split mode in a single window

All of this complicates the implementation of window titles that tracks the active connection. We will investigate ways to make it happen after the initial release of Royal TSX 4.0.

cheers,

felix

Good news! We prioritized this as well as some other tab selection related improvements and will support it in the next V4 beta update.

cheers,

felix

Thanks a lot. it would be more as useful for guys like me who have to control their work rearwards

Hi Nicola,

please let me know if it works as expected for you when the new version is available.

thx,

felix

Hi Felix, 

thanks so much !!! - It gives me now on my MacBook and the old Pro (both with Mojave) the connection name and so my Timing app can identify the machines I'm working with.

Nicola

Hi Nicola!

Glad this is working for you!

cheers,

felix

Hi there,

I'm happy to report that Royal TSX 4.0 has been released and includes this feature.

For more information about the major new features of Royal TSX 4.0, please head over to our major upgrade landing page.

cheers,

felix

Login or Signup to post a comment