Start a new topic
Implemented

Cookies are disabled in iFrame modern browser

Hi,

I'm using the modern browser with shared cookie storage and receive a message saying the browser has cookies disabled for the url: https://mdm.manageengine.eu/

After some digging around I found that the page is using an iFrame. Are cookies disabled for iFrames?

Please see attached screenshot.

Thanks!

Hi Stephan,

while I can reproduce the issue, it's exactly the same as in Safari.

So unless the vendor makes their site compatible with Safari, there's nothing on our side we can do.

cheers,

felix

Hi Felix,

I've dubbelchecked and that's not entirely true;

It does works in a regular Safari browser but it doesn't work in a Private Safari browser. See the attached screenshot.

Is Royal TSX using a private instance?

My Safari settings are:

Prevent cross-site tracking [check]

Ask websites not to track me [check]

Block all cookies [unchecked]

Hi Stephan,

I'm seeing the same error in non-private mode.

Maybe it previously worked and the cookie was saved and hasn't yet expired? That would explain why you're getting different results in private mode.

Please try removing all cookies from Safari and try to reproduce the problem. Please make sure you really remove all cookies because the website is actually loading the iframe from a different domain (zoho.eu).

cheers,

felix

Hi Felix,

I've double checked and your right, clearing the cookies gave me the error until I UNchecked Prevent cross-site tracking. Is it possible to allow cross-site tracking in TSX? It doesn't seem to respect the settings from Safari itself.

Thanks!

Hi Stephan,

just added support for that particular setting and it will be available in the next Royal TSX V4 beta update with the matching WebKit plugin update.

If you're not yet on the beta, please head over here to install it: https://www.royalapplications.com/ts/mac/features-beta

Note that because we just released a new version today, the next one will take a couple days.

cheers,

felix

Hi Felix,

Awesome! Thanks, I'm already using the beta.

Br,

Stephan

Hi Stephan,

so does the setting work as intended for you?

thx,

felix

Hi Felix,

They do! Only the autofill doesn't work but that's because the loginpage is in an iFrame, I will use a task sequence to solve it :)

Thanks!

Br,

Stephan

Hi Stephan,

the autofill script is injected into all frames, so that should work as well.

The field detection feature however only considers the main frame. So if you want to target fields in a non-main-frame, please specify jQuery selectors manually for those fields. For instructions, please see the following KB article: https://www.royalapplications.com/go/kb-all-web-autofill

thx,

felix

Will check it, thanks! :)

Hi there,

I'm happy to report that Royal TSX 4.0 has been released and includes this feature.

For more information about the major new features of Royal TSX 4.0, please head over to our major upgrade landing page.

cheers,

felix

Login or Signup to post a comment