Start a new topic

Add OTP support to credential object

Most of my Web management login's offer OTP support, which I prefer to use. At this moment the credential object doesn't support OTP and generating OTP's for Auto Fill.

So, I would love to request support for this, preferably also with 1Password credential objects. I have all my otpauth:// OTP codes stored in 1P.

5 people like this idea

Am I the only one using OTP codes to secure logins here? :-)

Something like this:

4 people like this

I have many web connections in my document file which i have secured with OTP's. Right now i need to open my password manager (SafeInCloud, i really recommend it!) and copy the OTP from there to the opened web connection. It would be a huge improvement if the login into web connections via RoyalTS alone would be possible!

I use 1Password with Royal TSX. I too would really like OTP support.

We use OTP for RDP connections. It would be a huge help if we could store OTP with the credential. It would even be a big help if I could just indicate that a credential requires an OTP so I'm prompted to input it manually.

As it is right now, because there's no prompt for it, I have to stick it on the end of my username which means I can't really use credential objects at all for RDP.

1 person likes this

I would love to see this feature, but on Windows (as that's my platform)

Personally, I think that it should be in its own Tab, like the way that Private Keys are set.

We just implemented OTP for RDP connections too. Defintely a step forward in security, but a big step backward in how Royal TS can be used. It would be awesome to see real OTP in Royal. Everything everywhere is moving in the OTP requirement direction.

1 person likes this

Hi everyone,

due to high demand, I'm trying to gather information here, since we're currently looking into supporting further OTP/MFA functionalities within our products.

May I ask everyone which products you are using and how these are configured, so we can do some tests and figure out how to better support these tools?

Thanks & best regards,

Christoph

I have OTP saved in 1password for all websites so OTP injection would be helpful.
We are using AuthLite, but it supports using the QR code style OTP that can be used with Google Authenticator style apps for TOTP or NOTP using a yubikey.

Privately i'm using "SafeInCloud", but that would not be my primarily use case scenario. I think it would be a good thing if you support "KeePass" with the TIMEOTP-Placeholder (https://keepass.info/help/base/placeholders.html#plh) and maybe "Bitwarden". 

But i would recommend to implement something that is similar to the KeePass placeholder thing. That way we can set our OTP's in the credential object of the corresponding connection without the need of an external password manager. The screenshot that Stephan "photoshopped" above would be my prefered solution :)

we want to migrated from RDM by Devolutions, they had OTP generated with their product, which we like to see at Royal TS / Server Documents.

Store username and the secret to a credential and generate the MFA-Code by request

3 people like this

I created an account to say the same as Daniel Thau - we would like to move away from RDM by Devolutions - it's a superb product (mostly) but their pricing is now ridiculous.

The picture Stephan provided - I presume was a wish-photo - but something like that would make sense, some way you can import a QR code image file, or enter a key, and have TS show you the current OTP based on that key.

If you can also make it available to inject into a web-page via the browser plugins that would be excellent.

Typical usage would be logging into a web-portal which requires user+pass credential, and then a OTP to be entered. This plugin provides the same sort of functionality that people are asking for - not sure if it would be possible to integrate it and link to a Credential entry?: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/authenticator/bhghoamapcdpbohphigoooaddinpkbai

It's basically the only thing I can see that's missing from RoyalTS (only just started evaluating it as a possible replacement for RDM) - and it's really disappointing to see this has been requested for 4+ years on the forum with no apparent progress? We would really love to swap but this would prevent us from doing so. Would there be a possibility for us to maybe contribute into a feature-fundraiser bounty pot - if it's a case of time/money needed to develop it?

Thanks

Jon

Login or Signup to post a comment