Start a new topic
Implemented

Change focus to Navigation Panel after pressing CMD+0

After I press "CMD+0" to show Navigation panel I do so because I want to connect to another device from the sessions list. The trouble is I can't navigate using keyboard and have to switch to mouse for session selection.

Here is how it works today:

1. CMD+0 to show Navigation panel

2. Use mouse to select the session

3. CMD+RETURN to connect

What I am proposing:

1. CMD+0 to show Navigation panel

2. Use UP/DOWN arrow keys to select the session to connect to

3. CMD+RETURN to connect

Hi Jiri,

good news! This will be supported in the next update of Royal TSX V4 beta.

If you're not using the beta yet, you can get it here: https://www.royalapplications.com/ts/mac/features-beta

cheers,

felix

Thank you very much Felix! Really appreciate your instant response. TSX is a fantastic product and it is great to see that you are committed to making it even better.

You're welcome, Jiri!

The beta release containing this change is now available.

cheers,

felix

Wow, that was quick, thank you Felix! :)

Would you mind slightly tweaking it? - After I hit CMD+0, I can navigate using arrows. That's great! But before I get to the connection I want to start, focus automatically switches back to the existing SSH session (right hand side of the TSX window) and I then have to use mouse to set focus back to the navigation panel. Can you please give me few more seconds to select the new connection?

I've just noticed what actually happens - It doesn't seem to be a timer issue. The thing is when I use UP/DOWN arrows to get to the session I want to start, and I manage to go via an existing established SSH session, the SSH session grabs the focus. Could you perhaps add a timer which would require me to stay on the established session for a second or two before it grabs focus?

For example - I can go up, but when I get to "LAP4", which is an established SSH session, it grabs focus and doesn't let me go further up to "LAP3" and start a new session:

Hi Jiri,

please file a separate feature request for that.

In the meantime, you can disable the automatic switch to the connection's tab when selecting in the navigation panel by disabling "Preferences - Behavior - Connections - Track selection in tab bar".

cheers,

felix

Hi there,

I'm happy to report that Royal TSX 4.0 has been released and includes this feature.

For more information about the major new features of Royal TSX 4.0, please head over to our major upgrade landing page.

cheers,

felix

Login or Signup to post a comment