Start a new topic
Answered

How to make a dark / inverted web page connection?

I would love having a feature to invert web browser colors. Typically I use a chrome extension to add this ability, though current chrome engine doesn't support that. I know CSS override is available, but I would like a one size fits all solution. 

Is there any workaround to accomplish this?

Best Answer

Hey Stefan, I understand such a feature may not be do-able at this point in time, but hopefully it's something that can be integrated in the future.

For anyone else curious on using css to accomplish this, I had a good success rate with this simple snippet of css, worked on ~75% of my required sites. Create ChromeWebObject > Advanced > Engine > Use Dedicated Engine checkbox > Advanced Tab > Paste Custom CSS

body {
filter: invert(100%);
}

Hi Sonny!

We use a 3rd party component which wraps a chromium engine and allows us to embed it in our app. Unfortunately there are a couple of limitations what we can do. To my knowledge, CSS overrides are the only way to manipulate colors from "outside". You could use bulk-edit to apply the same CSS overrides to all your connections to make it easier for you to manage it but other than that, I'm not sure what we could do.

Regards,
Stefan

Answer

Hey Stefan, I understand such a feature may not be do-able at this point in time, but hopefully it's something that can be integrated in the future.

For anyone else curious on using css to accomplish this, I had a good success rate with this simple snippet of css, worked on ~75% of my required sites. Create ChromeWebObject > Advanced > Engine > Use Dedicated Engine checkbox > Advanced Tab > Paste Custom CSS

body {
filter: invert(100%);
}

Thanks for sharing your solution, Sonny! I've moved the topic to the Questions section and marked your workaround as "answer".

Login or Signup to post a comment