Start a new topic
Solved

problem trying to uninstall Royal TS V4

Any idea why I get the error “this action is only valid for products that are currently installed” when trying to uninstall V4 of your product (on Windows 10)?

Hi Eric,

while I can't really tell you why you see this error, I can offer a way to manually uninstall Royal TS on your machine. To do that, you need to:

1. Remove the registry entry in the registry for the Royal TS installation under Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\SchedulingAgent
    Note that you may not find it under the WOW6432Node on a 32 bit machine. In this case, just omit the WOW6432Node in the path.
  2. Remove all the files in the installation directory (usually %ProgramFiles(x86)%\code4ward\Royal TS V4 or %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Royal TS V5)
  3. If you do not plan to reinstall Royal TS and also want to remove all your configuration, delete the folder %appdata%\code4ward

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Stefan

FYI, the registry was not containing anything under SchedulingAgent in both branch.

Hmm, that was my mistake. The correct path should be: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

Login or Signup to post a comment