Start a new topic
Implemented

Command line support on MacOS

Hello,

I've been reading the support documentation of Royal TS, and the Command Line documentation looks to be very Windows oriented.

I wanted to use the same Command Line options on MacOS, but it doesn't seem to work.

If it's not supported, will it be in the future?

I'm asking because I can't seem to be able to use the "URI" properly when it comes to RDP session.

When I use "open" in my Terminal with a quoted "rtsx://..." URI, each time I add a query string, the connection fails without error (it looks like it tries to connect but closes immediately). Without the appended query string (that I use to name my adhoc connection window), it works flawlessly.

Kind regards,

RS

Hey Steven,

I just tested this with the exact same parameters you provided and was able to successfully connect through an RDS gateway to my target RDP host.

The best way to find out what might be going wrong is to drag the ad hoc connection once it's created to one of your existing documents. Then, you can inspect it's properties and check if everything's configured as you would expect.

Hope that helps!

cheers,

Felix

Hi Felix,

I've given the beta of Royal TS X V6 a whirl and I've tried using a link in the same format as described above:

rtsx://rdp://IPADDRESS?using=adhoc
&username=USERNAME
&password=PASSWORD
&action=connect
&property_Name=NAME
&property_GatewayHostName=HOSTNAME
&property_GatewayUserName=USERNAME
&property_GatewayPassword=PASSWORD
&property_GatewayMode=0
&property_GatewayUsageMethod=1
&property_GatewayCredentialMode=3

I see the same problem and cannot connect to a machine using this link. Shouldn't this new support in V6 be in line with the same format requested of the windows version?

Thanks so much.
Hi Steven, it will be included in the first beta of V6. I can't however share an exact release date yet. We hope to get it out in a few weeks. Cheers, Felix

1 person likes this

Hi Felix,

How is this progressing in terms of beta/release?

Hi Steven,

I can't yet comment on the actual release date but we'll have a public beta ready in the next couple of weeks.

cheers,

Felix

Thanks Felix, Roughly when is this version scheduled for release?

Hi Steven,

the query string syntax for overriding connection properties in ad hoc connections will be supported in the next major version of Royal TSX (V6).

Hope that helps!

cheers,

Felix

We have an online portal that manages access to hundreds of VMs, and it provides access by customising an rtsx link using the below format:

&username=USERNAME
&password=PASSWORD
&action=connect
&property_Name=NAME
&property_GatewayMode=0

what would be the equivalent that allows Royal TS X to accept a request to connect to a VM?

Hi everyone, 

To join in on this. We have a platform where we are managing many multiple Virtual machines with an rtsx URL generated automatically based on the parameters clicked on via the website access portal.

These links follow the general format:

&username=USERNAME

&password=PASSWORD

&action=connect

&property_Name=NAME

&property_GatewayMode=0

These links work perfectly fine in Royal TS for Windows so was expecting them to work on the Mac version so I'm quite surprised that the functionality is not equally matched as a minimum.

Can this please be looked into? 

@Pascal: Perfect, glad I could help!

cheers,

Felix

Hi Felix

Yes, that will absolutely work… Thank you!

Best regards, Pascal

Hi Pascal,

so you would like to open a specific, existing connection in Royal TSX from a script, is that correct?

If so, you can already use AppleScript for that which can also be invoked from shell scripts using the "osascript" command. See this post on how to invoke it.

Does that help?

cheers,

felix

Hi Felix

Thanks for the quick reply.

You may have seen this post: https://support.royalapps.com/support/discussions/topics/17000021725?page=1

While this works like a charm, we are requested to authenticate our S2S VPN connection by going to a URL and entering specific credentials there, to actually make the connection work.

So my idea would have been to 

• create a new web page connection in Royal TSX where my S2S connection credentials get filled in
  • Extend the VPN connect script to open the web page connection where the S2S connection gets confirmed

Hi Pascal,

unfortunately no.

Could you please describe your use case so that we know exactly what's missing from your point of view?

thx,

felix

Hi Felix

Any news on this?

Login or Signup to post a comment