Start a new topic
Solved

RoyalTS Not Responding

Hello,

When opening the properties of a connection and either clicking cancel or ok royalts becomes unresponsive. Even if you do not make any changes, it's like it has to re-load the document. The application is not writing anything to windows event viewer or any log file I know of.  

Version: 5.0.61330

10 documents open with about 4400 connections/task/etc in them. We also use document icons as well. I know that was a bug in a previous version with the application being slow. 

Thank you!

OK Thank you!

Hi!

I just did some tests and debugging (had 6 docs open, one has 5.000 connections, one has 20.000 connections, the others had a couple of hundreds). When I refresh (F5 while navigation panel has the focus), when I open a properties dialog and select cancel or OK, I do not see any noticeable delay. 

I tested the brand new beta release from Friday:

https://www.royalapps.com/go/kb-ts-win-downloadbeta

Should you still see this issue, can you provide more information about your setup and a small video which shows the issue. You may also open a support ticket to handle it privately.

Thanks,
Stefan

It seems that the more documents you have open the longer it takes. 

I will do some more test and try to repro the issue. Thanks for the details!

1 person likes this

Removed the document icons and it is still occurring. Some times RoyalTS will go "not responding" for a second or two before it unfreezes.

Stephen,

Not to bring up an old issue but wondering if this has been fixed yet. Version 5.0.61707 has a hang for 5-6 seconds when opening the properties box and clicking cancel. 

10 documents open with 4319 connections between them all using document icons. I'll also make a local copy of the documents and remove the document icons and see if it happens still since I know there was an issue in the past with them. 

Thank you.

Thanks for the feedback. I changed the code to not refresh the tree if the properties dialog has been canceled. This will ship in the next minor release.

Login or Signup to post a comment