Start a new topic

VPN Clients

Hello,
It would be nice that in future versions VPN clients were natively integrated without using External Application. The external applications often take a lot of time to be set up correctly, and are often poorly managed. Other connection management software like Remote Desktop Manager, integrate plugins that perform these tasks natively.

Some examples of VPN clients:

Endpoint Connect check point

Cisco

Forticlient

Stonesoft

Paloalto

Thank tou

2 people like this idea

Thanks for the feedback. You can use command tasks to automatically establish/disconnect VPNs. Right now you need to specify the command line of your VPN client but we will see if we can provide a more user friendly way to configure VPNs.

Regards,
Stefan

I have a solution using Windows VPN.

• Create a POWERSHELL tha creates the Windows VPN name
  • Add-VpnConnection -Name "VPN_1" -ServerAddress "VPN" (The name will be VPN_1)

• Create a TASK for CONNECTION
  • Command: C:\Windows\System32\rasdial.exe
  • ARGUMENT: VPN_1 "USER_ID" "PASSWORD" /PHONE:ADDRESS
  • Working Directory: C:\Windows\System32\rasdial.exe

• Create a task for DISCONNECT
  • Command: C:\Windows\System32\rasdial.exe
  • Argument: VPN_1 /DISCONNECT
  • Working Directory: C:\Windows\System32\rasdial.exe

Now you have a working WIndows VPN that you can connect to any RDP, Oh..

On Connect / Disconnecttask, tick in, "Wati for connect / disconnect task completion"

1 person likes this

I work with multiple clients. Few of then are using CISCO , Zscaler etc... I gone through above article but could not understand. i'm new to Royal TS. Would you please elaborate little more?

Hi,

you can find more information about command tasks here:

https://content.royalapplications.com/Help/RoyalTS/V5/index.html?tutorials_workingwithtasks.htm

https://content.royalapplications.com/Help/RoyalTS/V5/index.html?reference_commandtask.htm

The concept is actually quite simple: a command task can execute arbitrary commands and pass on "tokens" (information from the connection, like credentials, computer name/IP address, etc.) to the command. Most VPN clients can be invoked using command line, so it should be easy to integrate it in your workflow.

Regards,
Stefan

I would say, Yes it works if you use "apid versions that often has more functionality then freeware, so Yes "with a twist".

We use Cisco Any Connetc (Version4.901095))

for a lot of clients. When using "free" software I haven't been able to fill the fields with data. We Copy/Past, It works, but it's not the perfect way.

When investigating thus it seems lika it's not possible for a lot of "freeware, but should work when you use a paid version.

All are paid version. Will you be able to help on this? I'm using 4.8.03043.

If you have paid versions, I'm sure the Client support can help you how to do it.

What you probably need is something like this: 

Add-VpnConnection -Name "VPN_1" -ServerAddress "VPN" (The name will be VPN_1)

This can most often be inserted "from behind".

Can you please keep this steps properly?

Create a POWERSHELL tha creates the Windows VPN nameAdd-VpnConnection -Name "VPN_1" -ServerAddress "VPN" (The name will be VPN_1)
Create a TASK for CONNECTIONCommand: C:\Windows\System32\rasdial.exeARGUMENT: VPN_1 "USER_ID" "PASSWORD" /PHONE:ADDRESSWorking Directory: C:\Windows\System32\rasdial.exe

Login or Signup to post a comment