Start a new topic
Answered

How to disable the port-check feature for terminal connections (SSH)

After selection a connection, RoyalTS checks the reachability of the TCP port configured for this connection. This is done even without creating the actual SSH connection with the selected plugin like Rebex or Putty. 

After selecting a connection a yellow dot will appear left of the connection.

This yellow dot will change to green after the TCP port connection is successful 

RoyalTS will do a TCP connect to the configured port each 8 seconds and this will continue until another connection is selected. 
The proces starts again but then with the connection which just was selected. 

Each TCP connection attempt causes the syslog message on our devices. 
I want to know if it is possible if it is possible to disable this port check option but did not find a way to do so. Who has a solution for this?

Best Answer

Hi Nico,

you can disable the feature in View -> Options -> Behavior

Uncheck the option "Monitor state of connection..."

Let mek now if this helps.

Regards,
Stefan

Answer

Hi Nico,

you can disable the feature in View -> Options -> Behavior

Uncheck the option "Monitor state of connection..."

Let mek now if this helps.

Regards,
Stefan

1 person likes this

Hi Stefan,

Issue solved, thanks.

I have looked at a lot of the available options but must have missed this one. After disabling the option, the port check is disabled indeed. 
As this will save a lot of syslog messages I will share this info with my team members :-) 

Thanks for your fast and useful reply. 

You're welcome. Glad I could help.

Regards,

Stefan

Hello, I'd suggest that this feature should be opt-in, because it results in a lot of log traffic, not to mention false positives in some monitored environments.

1 person likes this

Hi Branko,

thanks for the feedback. I think you are correct and making this option an "opt-in" for the user is the better approach.

Regards,
Stefan

2 people like this
Login or Signup to post a comment