Start a new topic
Answered

Dashboard TerminalSessions

Hello,

I am still testing my trial version and loving it so far.

One issue that is bothering me:
I have a bunch of windows server that are domain joined.

When clicking on the dashboard I can see exisitng RDP sessions for some server, but not for all of them.

I tried different credential (even domain-admin, that works for some windows-server but not for others) but I get following error message:

Error: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (5): Zugriff verweigert -> Is there something missing on the server? Can't believe it has something to do with the credentials when it works on some server and not on others.

Gateway Hostname:   Destination Hostname(s): (ServerNameChanged) Module: RoyalServer.ManagementEndpoint.Module.TerminalServices  Command: GetSessions  Arguments: 'UseCredentials' : 'True'  ContractVersion: 2  AssemblyContractVersion: 2  ResponseWarnings: (no warnings)  Error: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (5): Zugriff verweigert  at RoyalServer.ManagementEndpoint.Module.TerminalServices.ModuleCommand_GetSessions.HandleRequest(RoyalServerRequest euqwk, ResponseBuilder euqwl) in <9pbU/0LjpCexFwUaxM2cogKy/dzSqI+yLpALuDgjRyA5RTP+jvNEv+i8ABnu+R2OV342x26EDTSfzPx6OScxeHDykuZoC8uWrf+0RsEMCXaxHll231r6mENseXw92L1IUAEzWtdIYz63qHYQ4hfpAapOUERcJOk/I10zuTdqOAY=>:line 137  at RoyalServer.ManagementEndpoint.Module.RoyalManagementEndpointModuleBase.HandleRequest(RoyalServerRequest request, ResponseBuilder rb) in <9pbU/0LjpCexFwUaxM2cogKy/dzSqI+yLpALuDgjRyDZJy13DdwSavt42wKSu5ox5WW6DHgMGlVlwoagWabhYLMAGlxMP6+3WS1yYKOKGKJx7Gb/f0FQZXNshN+q6/pCBvZxYI+e42h4T9gREhkfkg==>:line 44  at RoyalServer.ManagementEndpoint.Server.RoyalMGServiceImpl.DelegateRequest(RoyalServerRequest wfxpx, RoyalServerResponse wfxpy) in <9pbU/0LjpCexFwUaxM2cogKy/dzSqI+yLpALuDgjRyDZJy13DdwSavt42wKSu5oxmmqgJCNGSmcejyXOTcAMx4EXvg8LxTd9ZXMvWBaWQ2bdKFnLYsy4PWVbhLUHV9xFKzwAYavGFXkfTDMcFCo/LA==>:line 176    RoyalCommon.Server.RoyalServer.RoyalServerException: Zugriff verweigert  at RoyalServer.ManagementEndpoint.Module.TerminalServices.ModuleCommand_GetSessions.HandleRequest(RoyalServerRequest euqwk, ResponseBuilder euqwl) in <9pbU/0LjpCexFwUaxM2cogKy/dzSqI+yLpALuDgjRyA5RTP+jvNEv+i8ABnu+R2OV342x26EDTSfzPx6OScxeHDykuZoC8uWrf+0RsEMCXaxHll231r6mENseXw92L1IUAEzWtdIYz63qHYQ4hfpAapOUERcJOk/I10zuTdqOAY=>:line 137  at RoyalServer.ManagementEndpoint.Module.RoyalManagementEndpointModuleBase.HandleRequest(RoyalServerRequest request, ResponseBuilder rb) in <9pbU/0LjpCexFwUaxM2cogKy/dzSqI+yLpALuDgjRyDZJy13DdwSavt42wKSu5ox5WW6DHgMGlVlwoagWabhYLMAGlxMP6+3WS1yYKOKGKJx7Gb/f0FQZXNshN+q6/pCBvZxYI+e42h4T9gREhkfkg==>:line 44  at RoyalServer.ManagementEndpoint.Server.RoyalMGServiceImpl.DelegateRequest(RoyalServerRequest wfxpx, RoyalServerResponse wfxpy) in <9pbU/0LjpCexFwUaxM2cogKy/dzSqI+yLpALuDgjRyDZJy13DdwSavt42wKSu5oxmmqgJCNGSmcejyXOTcAMx4EXvg8LxTd9ZXMvWBaWQ2bdKFnLYsy4PWVbhLUHV9xFKzwAYavGFXkfTDMcFCo/LA==>:line 176

Best Answer

I found the solution:
I had to add the domain prefix to the user names. Now the terminal sessions get shown.

Connecting was no problem even without the domain.

Answer

I found the solution:
I had to add the domain prefix to the user names. Now the terminal sessions get shown.

Connecting was no problem even without the domain.

Hi!

Glad you found a solution. The reason for that seems to be the WTS API which is used underneath to fetch the session information. Looks like this API only accepts domain\username and can't work with username alone or even with UPN.

Regards,
Stefan

Login or Signup to post a comment