Verify if the connection works with Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac
You can get the app here: https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/microsoft-remote-desktop/id715768417
Import the MSRDP connection into Royal TSX
To do this, right-click the entry in MSRDP and select "Export". In the save panel, select a location to save the .rdp file to.
Back in Royal TSX select the folder you want to import the connection to.
Then go to "File - Import - RDP files..." and select the exported file. Verify that your credentials are correct after importing the connection, then try to connect to the imported connection.
Check the "Network Level Authentication" (NLA) setting
All I see is black
Azure Active Directory (AzureAD)
- The exact error message you're receiving
- The Royal TSX and FreeRDP plugin version you're using
- OS and version of the remote machine you're trying to connect to
- OS and version of your Mac
- Screenshots of your configuration from both, Royal TSX and Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac
- A debug log file (see below)
Creating a debug log file
To create a debug log file for RDP connections, please follow these instructions:
- Go to "Preferences - Logging - File Logging"
- Make sure "Enable File Logging" is checked
- Set the "Logging level" to "Verbose"
- Note the "Logfile path" since you will need it later on (or open Finder, navigate to the path right away and keep the window open)
- Switch to the "Connection Types - Remote Desktop" section
- In the "Plugin Settings" tab, scroll down and make sure "Enable Debug Logging" is checked
- Apply the changes
- Reproduce your problem
- Locate the log file on your file system and include it in your ticket
Since debug logging heavily impacts performance, you should always disable logging (especially the RDP specific setting) after you're done reproducing your problem.