Start a new topic

[Suggest] Global Search : allow shortcuts on results

Hi Stefan,

May I suggest a small improvment for the Global Search feature ?

When you use the Global Search (Win+Ctrl+,) you simply type the name of the item you are looking for and got a bunch of results from all your documents, this is really powerful

On the topic of improving the search function, would it be possible to "extend" the fuzzy search functionality? Similar to how it works when you assign a existing credential. I frequently find my self open with multiple customer documents searching for something, i.e a Credential wanting to type the Customer name *space* and then the object name I am looking for. It seems to me that there is currently no way to do this?

Regards

Gabriel

Ok, third try, smileys break everything !

When you use the Global Search (Win+Ctrl+,)  you simply type the name of the item you are looking for and got a bunch of results from all your documents, this is really powerfull !

When you select the item of your choice and just press Enter, it open the submenu with all the relevent commands for this item:

Just being able to press a registered keyboard shortcut associated with one of the available actions without opening the submenu would be even more practical !

If the pressed shortcut does not belong to any available command for this item, you can just open the submenu or simply dismiss the Global Search dialog (with or without a warning message).

In the screenshot examples above, being able to use Ctrl+Enter (as I reconfigured it, Ctrl+F5 is the default one) on the selected result to quickly connect would be awesome.

This way it can act like the AdHoc field allowing to use Ctrl+Enter to connect using the previously selected connection type:

Additionaly, speaking of AdHoc, if the Global Search field could recognize when you type something like ?@myhost or user@myhost to suggest opening adhoc connection with the list of available types and showing the credential picker may be also useful.

Hope this make sense :-)

Best Regards,

Nicolas.

Login or Signup to post a comment